The mission of Friends of Tryon Creek, in partnership with Oregon State Parks, is to inspire and nurture relationships with nature in our unique urban forest.
The Friends envision a collaborative, creative and engaged community where people and wildlife thrive in relationship to each other and Tryon Creek State Natural Area. The Friends impact on this special place and the people connected to it, now and the future, inspires fun, action, well-being, ecological and community health.
FOTC Board, staff and stakeholders value:
- the importance of direct experience with the natural world
- the integrity and diversity of the natural landscape
- building community and new audiences
- growing successful partnerships
- inclusivity and accessibility to all
- high-quality lifelong learning experiences
- financial and organizational stability
- creativity and resourcefulness
- our relationships with our diverse constituencies