Your Support Matters
The Friends raise their half million dollar budget through memberships and individual donations, grants, special events, business sponsorships and fees for our educational programs. Funds received allow the Friends to continue to deliver innovative environmental education for children and comprehensive community based natural area restoration efforts.
The high quality of the park experience with well-groomed trails, many cleared completely of invasive species are a result of this support as well as our ability to keep our nature programs accessible for a diverse constituency of children from a range of economic backgrounds and under-served communities. A donation to the Friends, large or small, really makes a difference.
Founders Circle members are one of our key constituencies who support the Friends in many ways throughout the year. A highlight of the program includes personalized hikes at the park with members of our education team as a way to connect in a more intimate way.
Please email or call Kate Clinton, Development Director if you would like more information (503 636-4398 ext 108).
The park greets over 350,000 visitors annually, many of whom come through the Nature Center, learn about the Friends programs and discover ways to get involved. We are looking to build partnerships with like-minded businesses who share our values and vision. We feel strongly that this partnership can assist your business by visibly connecting your brand to such a well-supported community organization.
- Trillium Festival – The Friends most significant event with 4-5000 visitors each spring includes educational programs, performances and a native plant sale
- Forest Market – The Friends’ annual holiday sale with vendors selling a variety of handmade crafts.
- Newsletter Sponsorship – Recognition on the cover of our quarterly newsletter
- Stewardship Saturdays – Our ongoing Saturday volunteer teams working on eradicating invasive species
- Field Trip Program – Serving 4500+ school children annually
- Nature After Hours – The Friends new quarterly programs focusing on socializing while learning about nature and science.
Business contributions fall into the following categories:
- Event or Program Sponsor – $500 and above
- Business Member – $250 annual membership
- Donations of goods/service
- Program discounts with goods/service
- Employee Matching plan donations
Business Membership benefits
- Listing in quarterly newsletter (2000 printed/dispersed)
- Listing on fund raising page of website
- Listing in annual report
- Verbal recognition at FOTC Annual Meeting
- Discount coupons for our Nature Store (10%)
Business Sponsorship/Contributor benefits
- All the above
- Listing on Sponsor Board in Nature Center lobby
- Name placement with sponsored event/program (all printed materials, posters, signage, website and email promotion)
- Logo placement with sponsored event/program in all places listed above ($1000 donation and above); potential with some events for Presenting Sponsorships (amount varies with event – ask staff for more details)
- Logo placement on website homepage ($5,000 donation and above)
- Booth at certain events for Presenting Sponsors (ask for details)
- Tickets to Nature Inspires Art, the Friends’ annual fund raiser
For more information contact Kate Clinton, Development Director at 503.636.4398 x 108
A wonderful way to leave a lasting gift is to include the Friends of Tryon Creek in your estate planning. The Friends have a wonderful relationship with the Oregon Community Foundation which manages our endowment funds and provides support to those considering making a gift. Please contact Executive Director David Cohen if you have questions and we’d be glad to provide whatever support or direction is needed.
Also, if you have already listed the Friends as a recipient of a gift from your estate and haven’t told us, we would love to know so we can make sure we’re being the best stewards of that contribution as possible. Knowing these gifts are in place for the future helps the organization in its strategic planning.
Again, contact Kate Clinton, Development Director so we can talk see if there’s more we can do for you.
Are you or your business moving or upgrading your facilities, fixtures, or equipment? We also have a number of raffles throughout the year and could always use products and services to include as raffle prizes. Think of the Friends as a worthy alternative and receive a tax write off.
In kind contributions also can come in the form of volunteer support – does your business do group volunteer work? Are you looking for unique opportunities to give back to the community? Visit our volunteer section to find out the many ways to get involved.
Contact Kate Clinton, Development Director at 503.636.4398.
through December 31st, 2012
- The Bank of America Charitable Foundation
- CenturyLink/Carke M. Williams Foundation
- City of Portland/Bureau of Environmental Services
- Collins Foundation
- Jackson Foundation
- Gray Family Foundation
- Leupold and Stevens Foundation
- Meyer Memorial Trust
- Oregon Community Foundation
- Oregon Lottery
- Oregon State Parks Foundation
- PGE Foundation
- Templeton Foundation
- Rose E. Tucker Charitable Trust
- Trust Management Services