Friday, Feb 17, 2017
6:00 – 8:00 pm
This year, the Friends of Tryon Creek and Tualatin Riverkeepers are partnering up to provide a FREE comprehensive nature educator training to be held on Tuesdays from February 14th (half day) to March 7th at the Tryon Creek Nature Center (11321 SW Terwilliger Blvd, Portland, OR) from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM.read more
Education & Interpretive Programs
- Guided Hikes: Lead guided interpretive walks on different themes for adults and families.
- Story and Stroll: Read a story, make a craft and lead a walk with pre-school aged kids.
- Nature Guide: Lead field trips through the forest for grades k-6
- Interpretive Stations: Bring education to park visitors through roving science stations.
- Owl Monitoring: Locate and monitor owl species throughout Tryon Creek.
Stewardship, Restoration, and Trails
- Stewardship Saturdays: Returning in Spring 2017 join us every week as we remove invasive plants.
- Stewardship Leader: Guide stewardship work parties and educate volunteers about our restoration efforts.
- Trail Work: Join our Saturday trail crew as they restore, maintain and build new trails.
- Adopt a Plot or Trail: Restore the park on your own schedule.
- Backyard Habitat: Conduct site visits to certify program participants as they work to restore native wildlife habitat in their own backyards.
Outreach and Events
- Nature Center Volunteer: Welcome visitors and answer questions about the park in the Nature Center
- Outreach & Membership Intern: Support the Development team through outreach and promotion of our membership
- Membership Ambassador: Share our mission, programs, and Membership opportunities out on the trail or at community events.
- Special Events: Work behind the scenes to support planning, set-up, and logistics for events.
- Trail Ambassador: Represent the State Parks on the trails by offering information to visitors and providing gentle reminders about park rules.
- Teen Science Educator: Educate and connect visitors to through a science station set outside on the trails.
- Assistant Counselor: Support the Summer Nature Day Camp staff as they lead hikes, craft projects, songs and storytelling.
Login for current volunteers
Sign up for our Volunteer Newsletter
Keep up to date on special events and opportunities for volunteers at Tryon Creek!
How to become a Tryon Creek volunteer
- Fill out a volunteer application
- Schedule an orientation with our Volunteer Coordinator, Amy Morrison: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pass a background check
- Complete an OPRD waiver form
*Note: Steps 1-3 do not apply to Stewardship Saturdays and special event volunteers
If you have any questions or comments: Amy Morrison, Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com