Hours and Directions
Every day: 7:00 – Dusk
Nature Center Hours
Monday – Sunday: 9:00 – 4:00pm
11321 SW Terwilliger Blvd
Portland OR 97219
Maps and Guides
The Nature Center is designed to interpret Tryon Creek State Park for visitors. Included in the Center complex are a system of trails, a shelter, and the Nature Center building.
Interpretive literature, exhibits, and park-related programs will provide an opportunity to learn about the park and to gain a heightened awareness and understanding of the natural world. The Nature Center building,
Glenn Jackson shelter, and associated trail system are to be used for activities that are compatible with the purpose of the Nature Center.
In order to keep this park as pristine as possible, we ask individuals and groups to abide by the following rules:
- Respect the forest by staying on the trails.
- Creek beds are fragile. Humans and other animals can cause erosion and hurt fish habitat. Please stay out of creeks.
- Dogs are to be kept on leash at all times. Dogs are natural explorers and wish to visit the creek or go off trail. However, even well-behaved dogs disturb the homes of other animals and erode fish and other creek habitat.
- Please no collecting. Leave all natural objects where you found them. Many animals live in the forest and may rely on these materials. Please respect their homes, as well as the visitors who follow behind you.
- Please depose of waste appropriately. If paper or other products are brought onto the trails, please bring them back to the Nature Center or Jackson Shelter to dispose of them in the trash or recycling bins. Or take them back out with you.
- Bikes are not allowed on the hiking trails as they erode and destroy the trails. A paved bicycle path follows the eastern edge of the park.
By following these rules and sharing them with others, we can go along way towards ensuring our own enjoyment of the park area and maintain healthy and diverse forest and creek habitats.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the park.
Bringing a Group to the Park?
We are happy to help you plan your trip to make sure your day goes smoothly – please click here to access some important information about planning your trip, as well as driving directions to the park and instructions for large-group parking.