Pull together to remove invasive English ivy and to protect our forest. Ivy out competes our native plants, takes over the forest floor and ruins precious habitat
Work with other volunteers to maintain trails and keep them safe and clean. Projects may include digging out paths for rain water, spreading gravel and clearing culverts.
- Registration is not required but please call ahead with groups of 5 or more
- ALL MINORS must be checked in at the Nature Center with their minor’s insurance form signed by a parent/guardian.
- Anyone under 16 MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Gloves and a light snack provided Please bring your own water bottle Please dress for the weather, to get dirty, and to be off trail (sturdy shoes and long pants are strongly suggested) Be prepared for a 15-20 minute hike to worksite.
- We have lots of fun and hope to see you on a Saturday! Questions? Contact Sarah Kreisman at 503-636-4398 or [email protected]
Adopt your own area of the park to remove invasive species. You, your family or a group set your own schedule, and remove ivy, blackberry, and other weeds. Commitment: adopt your area for one year, and complete a minimum of four to six work parties
Take care of the park as you hike, jog, or ride your horse. Provide information to park visitors, and remind them of rules and regulations. Commitment: at least ten hours per month; schedule is flexible.